11 August 2015

Shades of Doon by Carey Corp & Lorie Langdon

★★★★★
After cheating death, Veronica Welling is determined to savor every moment in her idyllic kingdom with both her true love and best friend by her side at last. At the same time, Mackenna Reid is enthusiastically building her new life and a theater with her prince. But just as their dreams of happiness are within reach, the world Vee and Kenna have chosen is ripped away, leaving them to face their most horrific challenge yet – their old lives.

Thrust out of Doon, the best friends are confronted with tormentors from their past and no way to return to their adopted land. When the MacCrae brothers rush to their rescue, the girls' situation turns from nightmare to modern-day fairy tale. But their happiness could be short lived: unbeknownst to them, someone in their closest circle is aiding the witch of Doon in her bid to destroy the kingdom once and for all.

Since finishing Destined for Doon, I have eagerly awaited this third book in Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon’s Doon series, Shades of Doon, and reading it now does not disappoint. I can easily say that this book grew my love for this wonderful and addicting series and its beloved characters even more. Shades of Doon offers everything I loved about the previous two novels - romance, adventure, intrigue - while packaging it all with a new, creative plotline and interesting character and relationship development. It’s quite an enjoyable read that I could not stop reading and it will certainly not disappoint fans of the series. I highly recommend it to readers who enjoy young adult fiction (though definitely be sure to read the series in order). Now, I’m stuck eagerly awaiting the fourth book...

Thanks to BookLook Bloggers, I received a copy of Shades of Doon and the opportunity to honestly review it. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own. (I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”)

No comments:

Post a Comment