30 September 2015

The Road to Becoming: Rediscovering Your Life in the Not-How-I-Planned-It Moments by Jenny Simmons

★★★★★
Wake up each new day and say yes. 

There is a moment in all of our lives when leaning into the unknown becomes our only viable pathway forward. This is the moment you must ask, "Do I believe the Storyteller knows better than anyone else my part in the story?" If the answer is yes, pack your bags and get ready to follow God into the unknown.

In this vulnerable, laugh-out-loud book, Jenny Simmons shares her own journey through seasons of change and lostness, dead ends and detours, and finally into the terrifying, unknown, God-designed future. The road to becoming is not easy, but it is here you'll begin to discover that new life – life abundant – is
 always, ever among us. Dancing on the horizon.

The Road to Becoming: Rediscovering Your Life in the Not-How-I-Planned-It Moments is a gem of a book. Jenny Simmons writes openly about the challenges she has experienced in a life filled with loss, transition, the unknown, and a God who works through all of it, and tells her story well. It feels authentic and captures feelings that many readers can relate to. Overall, The Road to Becoming is an engaging, encouraging, and enjoyable read - I recommend it.

Thanks to Baker Book Bloggers, I received a copy of The Road to Becoming and the opportunity to provide an honest review. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment