09 February 2016

I Said Yes: My Story of Heartbreak, Redemption, and True Love by Emily Maynard Johnson with A.J. Gregory

★★★★★
When her high-profile search for romance led Emily Maynard to dead end after dead end, real love finally found her.

Millions know Emily Maynard Johnson from her unprecedented double appearances on The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. Millions also know that neither of the relationships from those shows lasted much longer than a commercial break.

Overcome with embarrassment following her nationally televised failures at romance, Emily finally committed her heart to the only one she knew would never leave her empty and alone. Abandoning her desire to be chosen by men and finding peace in the fact that she was already chosen by God, Emily found the joy she had been looking for in serving God.

In I Said Yes, Emily tells the story of her life before and after reality TV fame, describing the profound new reality she discovered when she forsook fame in favor of the Lord. At the end of a long, fruitless search for a man, this courageous young woman found the truest love of all waiting right in front of her. To that love, Emily said yes.

As a (relatively new) fan of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to read Emily Maynard Johnson’s new book I Said Yes: My Story of Heartbreak, Redemption, and True Love. I found it really fascinating to get to know more about Emily’s experiences with the two shows, love, and faith, and I just loved it. Overall, it’s a light, quick, and entertaining read, and I think interested readers should definitely take the time to read it - I would recommend it.

Thanks to BookLook Bloggers, I received a copy of I Said Yes and the opportunity to honestly review it. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own. (I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”)

No comments:

Post a Comment