17 May 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Picked Up (Recently) on a Whim

Hosted weekly by The Broke and the Bookish.

I'm not usually too picky when it comes to the books I read, but especially the audiobooks now. I've been flying through borrowed-from-the-library audiobooks recently, thanks to my daily commute and trip to the gym, so I've taken to choosing a lot of them "on a whim" - and I usually love them. Here are ten of my most recents choices (all by new-to-me authors):



Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor


Dumplin' by Julie Murphy
The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West (quickly followed by The Distance Between Us and On the Fence)


My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick (quickly followed by The Boy Most Likely To)
Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman (quickly followed by Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke)


The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
The Vault of Dreamers by Caragh M. O'Brien


A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas
The Wrath & the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh


Now, tell me... what are some books you're read on a whim? Did you enjoy them?

5 comments:

  1. Great picks. I'm loving my audio books too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The Wrath & the Dawn" was a pretty nifty read. I'm seeing "A Wicked Thing" around lately, so I'm thinking maybe I should look in to that one... hmm.

    Hope you enjoy your audiobooks!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap, there's so many books on there I want to read or have read. My favorite from your list has to be The Rosie project, it's such a fantastic book!

    - Jen from The Bookavid

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought A Daughter of Smoke and Bone! Hopefully we both enjoy it (or if you've read it already, hopefully you did enjoy it!).
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/05/17/top-ten-tuesday-57/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked up The Wrath and the Dawn when it first came out but I haven't gotten to it yet! The release of the sequel is really making me want to pick it up soon! I also want to read Dumplin soon! Too many books on my TBR!
    Mallory @ The Local Muse

    ReplyDelete