19 August 2016

The Friday 56: Christy

Hosted weekly by Freda's Voice.
  
Happy Friday! 

This week, I'm participating in the Friday 56 for the first time, and I'm choosing to share a snippet from Catherine Marshall's Christy.


"There was that strange fascination that people have with blood and accidents and death, like children shivering deliciously at a horror story."
  

A photo posted by @h.szott on


Goodreads Synopsis:
In the year 1912, nineteen-year-old Christy Huddleston leaves home to teach school in the Smoky Mountains -- and comes to know and love the resilient people of the region, with their fierce pride, their dark superstitions, their terrible poverty, and their yearning for beauty and truth. But her faith will be severely challenged by trial and tragedy, by the needs and unique strengths of two remarkable young men, and by a heart torn between true love and unwavering devotion.

Have you read this book? Did you love it, like I did?

6 comments:

  1. I have not read this book; although, I am glad that you enjoyed it so much. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book long ago and remember enjoying it. I believe it was made into a movie too. A good story.
    My Friday post features CHASING CHARLIE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds pretty good! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this book ages ago and loved it. Thanks for sharing. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete