18 May 2018

The Friday 56 & First Line Friday | As Easy as Riding a Bike

The Friday 56 is hosted weekly by Freda's Voice.
First Line Friday is hosted weekly by Hoarding Books.

Happy Friday!

I've been reading this novella all week, and it's really cute so far. I love quaint, small-town settings and rekindled friendshipsI'm really looking forward to seeing how this story plays out.


First Line: "Be right there," Emma Holland called out.

From Page 56: What if Connor had never left? What if he relocated to Justin Harbor? What if he stayed this time?




ABOUT THE BOOK
Emma Holland is almost finished with the renovation of The Brown Bear Lodge nestled just off the Pacific Coast 101 Highway in picturesque Justin Harbor, Oregon. Being a business owner in a small town isn’t easy, but Emma’s got more than enough determination—not to mention an excellent eye for interior design. There’s only one problem. One of her first guests of the season is someone she hoped she’d never see again. 

As a famous landscape photographer, Connor Pearson has traveled far and wide following his dreams at the cost of losing his first love. Now, back in Justin Harbor, Connor is looking for more than just a place to stay. He’s looking for himself. 

As Emma and Connor rediscover their lost friendship and seek to find common ground in the present, Connor feels the tug of his small town roots. Is it possible that a man who’s traveled the world could find his home where his dreams began? Can Emma come to terms with the fact that self-reliance isn’t all it’s cracked up to be? Will their bonds from the past weather the storms of the present? 
 
As Easy as Riding a Bike will introduce you to the salty air and calming waters of Justin Harbor, the first novella in a series featuring small town women business owners.

Now, feel free to leave a line from a book near you in the comments below.
And be sure to stop by Hoarding Books and Freda's Voice for a peek into other books.

9 comments:

  1. This sounds like it would be a really great story! I'll have to look for it! Thanks for sharing it this week. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at that setting! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE SMELL OF OTHER PEOPLE’S HOUSES”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday! My first line is from Robin Mason’s The Silent Song of Winter.

    ” The sounds of the swamp in winter would scare another person but not me.”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved that book!

    Happy Friday!

    Today, I am showcasing Karen Barnett's novel Where the Fire Falls (#2 in her Shadows of the Wilderness series) over on my blog. Here I will share the first lines from chapter 2.

    "Clark grunted as he jostled the bags under his arm and clambered up the stairs. At her disposal? First change he got, he'd be setting this little minx straight."

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Friday!
    The book I'm sharing this week on my blog is Grace in Strange Disguise but here I'll share from The Calling of Emily Evans by Janette Oke, which is the book I featured for my Memorable Monday post this week: "Emily Evans lifted a slender hand and pushed back a wisp of wayward brown hair." Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm itching to read anything by Bell Renshaw! I'm currently reading Where the Fire Falls by Karen Barnett. Here are the first couple of lines from chapter 10...
    "Clark strode into the Glacier Point Hotel. A burning sensation simmered in his gut, like his best campfire stew straight from the pot."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sharing from a favorite re-read on my blog, but I'll share from my current read here - a novel set in the 1920’s, Ramble and Roar by Catie Cordero:

    “I wasn’t looking for death. It found me. That’s what I tell myself.”

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cover--this sounds like a wonderful book. It makes me think of a Hallmark movie, which is always a good thing. :) Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Intriguing 56!! Happy Victoria day weekend!

    ReplyDelete